In this guide, we will look at the most popular and 2017’s best wifi booster that has high range, great performance, low price tag and fastest data transfer rate. You can get the high performing Wi-Fi booster within just $100 from a popular brand. But if you have 100 Mbps plan, don’t go with just $100 for high speed internet in all corners of your home. Listed here are the best Wi-Fi extenders.
- Netgear EX6200 (AC1200)
If you have looked for wi-fi routers, you may have definitely come across Netgear brand for networking. Netgear is a well known Wi-Fi router brand along with selling Wi-Fi range extender. If you are searching for high performance and affordable, Netgear EX6200 is the best choice. Though we tested range/speed of various Wi-Fi repeaters, NETGEAR comes first.
- Supports Amazon Fire TV, MacBook Pro, Samsung Galaxy S8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air 2, and other latest devices
- Elegant design
- 2 antennas for powerful range
- Uses dual core CPU for smooth and easy access
- Dual band extender for high range
- 5 Ethernet ports, 1200 Mbps speed, and 1 USB port
- 2 years of extended warranty
- Uses proprietary software for the connection with other devices
- TP-Link RE450 (AC1750)
TP Link is a reputed brand across the world for Wi-Fi extenders and routers. It delivers quality products with good design and great durability. After a lot of research, we have found TP-Link Wi-Fi extender. There was a great competition between TP Link AC1750 and NETGEAR AC1200. Both have almost same specs. But NETGEAR beats TP Link in terms of design and performance. But TP Link AC1750 still holds its presence under $100 range.
- 2 years of maintenance-free operation and service warranty
- Covers up to 12000 sq. ft.
- 3 antennas to provide quality range and still looks elegant
- Good indicators for weak/strong signal
- Comes with one Ethernet port only
- You cannot use socket for other use when it is being used
- Amped SR10000 (N 600mW)
This router has two high performance antennas with 600mW amplifiers. It is the amazing and high speed Wi-Fi extender to extend the Wi-Fi range or double the range. The Ethernet ports are good enough. It has been listed because of its price and performance. Though it looks just like an average device but look may not be your priority when buying wi-fi extender. It costs just around $50 to $60 which is why it has been widely recommended.
- Widest range of up to 10000 sq. ft. with dual band antennas
- 620 MHz of processor
- 5 gigabit ports of 1000 Mbps to connect more devices
- Video streaming with N300 MIMO Wi-Fi
- Poor design
- Bad signal strength at long range
- Complex features
These are some of the best Wi-Fi range extenders or boosters. There are different brands and each brand provides several Wi-Fi range extenders.